Yesterday day I bought a curry spice. It may look weird, but I’m not used to spices.
Until Jaggety, my mom cooked with minimal spices.
So curry is really exotic to me, since we’ve never done anything with it.
But as I wanted new flavors, I said to myself I like to try it.
I marinated chicken in curry and done this risotto in Instant Pot.
Everyone was pleasently suprised 🙂 Do I have to say it’s fast?
Instant Pot: Curry risotto with chicken
- 600 grams of chicken breasts
- 1.5 cup arborio rice
- 3.5 cups of chicken stock or water
- 100 grams of peas (can also be frozen)
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- red paper (optional)
- curry, salt, pepper
- Step 1 Cut chicken breast into dice. Season them with 1 tablespoon of curry. Stir and let it marinate for at least 2 hours, ideally overnight.
- Step 2 Cut the onion, carrots and pepper into the dice, chop garlic into small pieces.
- Step 3 Turn on the “saute” option on Instant Pot. When displey shows “hot” put a spoon of oil and saute the chicken. When the chicken is sauted on all sides, remove it on the plate and add the sliced vegetables. Saute vegetables for a few minutes.
- Step 4 When vegetables are done, press the “cancel” option to stop the “saute” option. Add the rice and meat, pour it with water or stock. Season and stir. Close the lid and put on “manual” for 7 minutes.
- Step 5 After dish is cooked, use Quit Pressure Relase.
- Step 6 Add the peas and finely chopped parsley and stir.