I do not like hard meat in goulash. So far, we have always bought veal so that the meat is soft enough for my taste.
A good thing that meat cooked in an Instant Pot is soft and tender. No matter which meat you choose.
It is only necessary to adjust the length of cooking.
Instant Pot: beef stew
- 1 kg of beef
- 2 bigger onions
- 4-5 carrots
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 5-6 potatoes
- 1.2 liters of stock or water
- Spices: salt, pepper, red pepper
- Step 1 Put the Instant Pot on the “saute” option. When display show “hot”, put some oil, and saute meat. When meat is ready, put it on the plate, and saute vegetables for a few minutes. You can also quick the proccess by meat on the pan. When the vegetables are fried, add meat, spices and stock.
- Step 2 Close the lid, set the valve to “seal” and set the “manual” option 35 min. Then leave another 15 minutes for the “natural release”. Serve with cooked potatoes and brussels sprouts.
- Step 3 Additional Advice:
- Step 4 If sauce is too thin, mix 1 tablespoon of smooth flour in 0.5-1 dcl of water. Add to dish and stir.