We can use whole oats in breakfast, as side dish or even as main dish.
It is creamy and fulfilling. Sweet or salty variant.
Cook bigger amount of whole oats on Sunday and you will have it for the whole week.
Or you can set on the timer to delay the start of cooking and in the morning when you get up, the oats has already been cooked.
Amazing, isn’t it?
How to cook oat grains in Instant Pot?
- 2 cups of oat grain
- 4 cups of water
- a pinch of salt
- Step 1 Rinse the oats and put in Instant Pot. Add water and salt.
- Step 2 Close the lid and set “manual” for 32 minutes. After the oats are cooked, cover the steam valve with a cloth and with spoon turn it to the “venting” position.
- Step 3 Place cooked oats in a glass bowl with lid and refrigerate it. Use it within 5 days. Ideal for a working week.
- Step 4 Additional advice:
- Step 5 If you have previously soaked the oats for 8 to 12 hours, you can shorten the cooking time by 10 minutes, meaning you cook for only 22 minutes.
The cooked oats can be used for numerous recipes. Here are some ideas: