I love spicy goulash! The meat is soft and tender, and the sauce is delicious.
I bought a big turkey thigh. It was about 1.5 kg!I removed the skin and cut off the bone.
I saved the bone for stock.I cut the meat on the cubes and with vegetables and gnocchi got a wonderful lunch.
When I have time I do gnocchi myself, and when I’m in a hurry I buy them.
You can also use chicken instead of turkey.
Instant Pot: Turkey Goulash with gnocchi
- 1 kg turkey thigh without skin and bones
- 800 grams gnocchi
- 4 carrots
- 2 onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1.2 liters of stock or water
- 2 teaspoons of smooth flour
- salt, pepper
- spices according to taste
- Step 1 Cut the onion and garlic into small cubes and the carrots into rings. Cut the meat into large cubes. Prepare the stock or water (you can also combine).
- Step 2 Turn on the “saute” option on Instant Pot. When display shows “hot” saute the vegetables. Saute meat in the pan. You can also do meat in Instant Pot, but I speed up the process like this.
- Step 3 When the vegetables are soft, press the “cancel” option to stop the “saute” option. Put the spices, the meat and stock in Instant Pot.
- Step 4 Set Instant Pot to “manual” option for 10 min. After the cooking is over, leave another 10 min NPR (Natural Pressure Relase). Release the rest of the steam on the valve and open the lid.
- Step 5 Put 2 teaspoons of smooth flour in the cup of water. Mixed it well.
- Step 6 Add the mixture in goulash and stir. That will thicken the sauce.
- Step 7 Serve with green salad and bread.