When you have cooked oats in the fridge, this meal is super fast.
Ideal for fast dinner when you come from work.
You can serve it on its own with salad or as side dish with roasted meat.
Instead of oats you can use rice, barley, quino or proso. You can mix more different grains at once.
Instant Pot: whole oats with vegetables
- 2 kg cooked oats
- 3 carrots
- 1 parsley root
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion or leek
- 100 gr of peas (can also be frozen)
- 4 cups of water or stock
- parsley leafs
- Spices as desired: salt, black pepper, sweet and cayenne pepper
- Step 1 Cut the carrot and parsley root into small cubes.
- Step 2 Cut the leek into rings.
- Step 3 finely chop garlic and parsley leafs.
- Step 4 Turn on the “saute” option on Instant Pot. When display shows “hot” put a table spoon of oil and sliced carrots, parsley, leek rings, peas and garlic.
- Step 5 Stew for a few minutes. Add spices and add the water or stock.
- Step 6 Close the lid and set to “manual” for 9 minutes.
- Step 7 When the vegetables are cooked, cover the valve with the cloth, use ladle to move the valve to the “venting” position and wait for the pressure to subside
- Step 8 Add cooked oats and chopped parsley. Stir and serve.
- Step 9 Additional Advice: If your stew is to thinly, swirl 1 tablespoon of smooth flour in 0.5 dcl water. Add to dish and stir.