The first stew I made in Instant Pot. So simple, it cannot be easier.
Peas with potatoes stew is a classic dish I’m cooking all year round.
When in season I use fresh peas, in the winter frozen.
For the vegetarian version, leave out the bacon.
Instant Pot: Peas with potatoes stew
- 1 kg of fresh or frozen peas
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 100 grams dry bacon
- 4 carrots
- 3 onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1.5 liters of vegetable stock or water
- parsley leaves
- Spices to taste: salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper
- Step 1 Cut the bacon, carrots, onions and garlic into small cubes, and potatoes into large cubes.
- Step 2 Turn Instant Pot on the “saute” option. Wait for the “hot” on the display. Put some oil and spice up the vegetables together with bacon. When everything is ready, place a sweet red pepper and add stock. Add peas and chopped potatoes.
- Step 3 Close the cover. Set the valve to “sealing” and set the “manual” option for 5 minutes. Leave another 15 minutes NPR.
Decorate with parsley and serve with the bread.
- Step 4 Additional advice: If your stew is to thinly, swirl 1 tablespoon of smooth flour in 0.5 dcl water. Add to dish and stir.