I don’t know how old is this recipe. I remember it from elementary school.
It was done by my dear friend mom. She was binging this wafers as dessert after school lunch.
I still remember the smell and the taste of these.
This recipe I do every year for Christmas. I make 3 packs. Why so much?
Everyone adores them, and they gone too fast. That’s the only flaw 🙂
Wafers with coffee
- 1 pack of wafers 200 gr
- 5 eggs
- 1 dcl of strong black coffee
- 1 tablespoon of rum
- 100 grams of sugar
- 100 grams of cooking chocolate
- 100 grams Petit Beurre
- 200 grams of butter room temperature
- Step 1 Remove the butter from the fridge. Break out the chocolate on the dice. Mush Petit Beurre.
- Step 2 Cook strong coffee in 3 dcl of water. Let the set.
- Step 3 Foam the egg yolk with sugar. Cook the mixture on steam.
- Step 4 When the coffee settled, take 1 dcl in the pan. Add chocolate in the coffee. If necessary lightly warm up to dissolve the chocolate.
- Step 5 Mix a mixture of coffee and chocolate in a cold mixture of eggs and sugar. Allow the mixture to cool down completely.
- Step 6 Add the butter and mix with mixer.
- Step 7 Finally, mix up Petit Beurre and rum.
- Step 8 Spread creme on wafers, cover with cutting board or lighter book. Leave a few hours or overnight.