I always cook rice pudding in coconut milk because this milk gives a special aroma.
However, if you don’t prefer coconut milk, use one you like.
For a creamy variant, use arborio rice and crunchy paraboiled rice.
For different variations add dry fruits, nuts or chocolate crumbs.
Instant pot: Rice pudding
- 1 liter of milk
- 300 grams of arborio rice
- 4 eggs
- 50 grams of sugar
- 10 grams of vanilla sugar
- Step 1 Put rice and milk in Instant Pot. Close the lid, set valve to “sealing” and set the “rice” program.
- Step 2 While rice is cooking, mix the egg yolks with sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Step 3 Whip the egg whites into solid snow.
- Step 4 When the rice is cooked, do quick relase by cover the valve with the cloth and move valve to the “venting” position with kettle.
- Step 5 Mix mixture of egg yolks and sugar and snow from egg whites.
- Step 6 Sprinkle the coconut crumbs and grate the chocolate.